DTTAC is training Lifestyle Coaches, and Master Trainers who train Lifestyle Coaches, to deliver the National Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle change program around the country. To date, we have trained over 1,300 Lifestyle Coaches representing more than 500 organizations, including employers, health care systems, and community-based organizations.
DTTAC’s 2-day, in-person Lifestyle Coach Training:
- Features an interactive, small group format with hands-on practice in group facilitation techniques.
- Is delivered by an expert DTTAC Master Trainer, using the official National DPP curriculum.
- Is open to organizations that have pending recognition or will apply for CDC recognition and includes the most up-to-date information on the recognition process and the national program.
- Offers continuing education credits for nurses, certified diabetes educators and dietitians.
- Includes ongoing support to Lifestyle Coaches in the form of the Common Ground online learning community, where Lifestyle Coaches can ask questions of each other, our staff and Master Trainers, and download helpful resources (www.lccommonground.org).
Your options for Lifestyle Coach Training include:
- DTTAC Lifestyle Coach Trainings in Your Community. DTTAC hosts trainings in Atlanta, Georgia and in other locations around the country on a regular basis that are open to interested organizations. See a list of upcoming training opportunities.
- DTTAC Lifestyle Coach Trainings at Your Site. If your organization has a group of people who would like to become Lifestyle Coaches, we can travel to your site to conduct the training on dates that are convenient to you. We fully tailor on-site trainings to meet your organization's needs. Contact us to explore training for your organization.
To learn more:
Register now for upcoming Lifestyle Coach Trainings!